Friday, May 20, 2011

Welcome

I have been trying to decide why I am working on this new blog. Besides the practical aspects. I have another, it includes family life, photos, that kind of thing. Practically speaking, my teaching life is bigger then just one static page. Maybe I want to be able to share and connect. I don't know much about other types of jobs, even when I was young I volunteered in classrooms.

I do know that this job is more then something I do to buy a loaf of bread. It is part of who I am. 24 little people wait to see me every morning. Sometimes, especially this time of the year, they don't always want to see me. I can understand that. We are all a bit tired and ready for summer. Yet, when I am presented with a crayon drawing made lovingly at home. I realize that they take me home with them, just like I take them home with me each day. Actually, they go to the grocery store, hardware store, library, church, everywhere. I take them with me everywhere I go. They are always in my thoughts. Not disconnected or seperate from my other life. That of grocery lists, laundry, and the needs of my family.
I think of their struggles, successes, disappointments, wishes and dreams. Mostly they want to be a princess or superman. I am okay with that. They are lovely. They are a blessing. Even when they think it is appropriate to do somersaults across the classroom floor...

So perhaps this blog is for me as well. To remind me about how lucky I am.
I hope you join me on this journey. I would like to get to know you. If you leave a comment for me, I promise I will respond.
Some days are filled with fun and some with frustration. Some are sad and some joyful. I promise to let you see it all. Because it is life. Life in a classroom.
Welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment